Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Pictures of Irish Dance Outfit

  1. #1
    Inactive Member vew-tori's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,258
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    After replying to Nikki's thread I thought I would snap a couple of pictures. My only complaint about the outfit is it has no bloomers. I hope Marlo knows to keep her hands by her side while she's dancing. After all it's not "flash" dancing [img]wink.gif[/img] .

    Oops - I forgot the link:

    http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...23663412&idx=0

    <font color="#051E50"><font size="1">[ July 16, 2005 11:34 PM: Message edited by: vew-tori ]</font></font>

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ July 16, 2005 11:35 PM: Message edited by: vew-tori ]</font>

  2. #2
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    The costume looks alot nicer in the pictures than on the website and in the catalogs. Your DH's Marlo is absolutely gorgeous. Did you say you rewigged her? What is the name of that wig?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Janabanana's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2002
    Posts
    107
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    She's very cute! Are the socks kneesocks? They should be. But the girls who dance Irish, don't wear bloomers under these dresses. They wear the colored underall panties or tights. I've got a DD that does Irish hard and soft. These shoes are called ghillies. They are soft(not the kind that make alot of noise!)LOL

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ July 17, 2005 01:28 AM: Message edited by: janabanana ]</font>

  4. #4
    Inactive Member dolldreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20th, 2005
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    what a cute doll!!! She looks great in the dance outfit!
    I'm facing a re-wigging soon in my future and am petrafied but your's came out so beautifull!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Adorable! Marlo looks like a exact image of my niece Penny!!! (Greece) She looked so cute in the Irish outfit! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Aussiemum's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2004
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <font color="royalblue"> Did you buy the 10-11 or 12-13 size for her ?? I just havnt been game to order one yet as im still confused on the right size.

    TIA (by the way, i LOVEEEEE that wig, it just looks soooo cute - so maybe my baldy may finally get some hair... [img]smile.gif[/img] )</font>

  7. #7
    Inactive Member lscogbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    713
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Your Marlo is sooo cute - she looks like she's ready for Riverdance. Maybe there's no bloomers because they think the same way as the Scots in their kilts?

  8. #8
    Inactive Member vew-tori's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,258
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Janabanna- thanks for the info. I knew they weren't exactly bloomers but didn't know what they were called. DD took Irish Step Dancing lessons one summer but we there was no recital so we didn't have to invest in a costume. My MIL would love for her to continue but there is not a studio close by. "Spirit of the Dance" (like Riverdance) performed in Myrtle Beach each summer and offered lessons. We spend several weeks there at my BIL's. This year there is a Cirque de Sole' (Sp?) so no lessons. Anyway - I wish the outfit had something under it.

    Tracey- I bought the 10-11. It easily covered the old wig. It was very easy to do!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member vew-tori's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,258
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks - yes she is the rescue doll I rewigged. Here is the link to the wig:

    http://www.monique.com/agwigs.html

    It's really easy to take care of but not very versatile. My niece has Kit and she manages to fix her hair in different styles. I thought this wig would be similar. It seems thinner than AG's. For the price though I am really pleased. As I said in your thread (I think) she is my current favorite.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Shawniec's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2004
    Posts
    274
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Vew-Tori:
    Tracey- I bought the 10-11. It easily covered the old wig. It was very easy to do!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Now I'm curious: did you just cut back the old wig rather than removing it altogether?

    Shawn

    P.S.: She's absolutely adorable and looks just perfect in that outfit. I also enjoyed seeing the outfit outside of the catalog/website. I think I like it even better now than I did before.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ July 17, 2005 01:55 PM: Message edited by: Jandjmom ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •